- Better response rate: 50% more callers were answered on the customer services line and 14% more on the orders and enrolments line - and without increasing the headcount.
- Reduced call abandonment rate: 43% drop.
- Reduced talk time: call duration decreased by 7%, due to the near-elimination of complaints about queueing during the OrderlyQ week - despite the additional demand.
- Increased effectiveness in smoothing out the peaks: the proportion of callers answered went up from 66% to 81%
- Increased customer satisfaction: caller feedback was incredibly positive, with almost 90% of callers that were told the wait was more than two minutes preferring to hang up and call back later rather than wait on hold.
- Fewer customer complaints: less than 1% of callers commented about the queue at all and of those who did, 87% made positive comments, the most frequent being that OrderlyQ was the best telephone queue system they had ever encountered!
Brilliant idea! Much better than holding on to the phone